We operate the website https://www.sleepypeople.com/. We are E-Bedding Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 05764800 and with our registered office at Cardinal House, 20 St. Mary’s Parsonage, Manchester, M3 2LG. Our trading address is Unit B11, Broadlands, Heywood Distribution Park, Heywood, OL10 2TS. Our VAT number is GB92087680
1. All goods sold are subject to these terms and conditions of sale. Any addition, alteration, variation or waiver of any term of these conditions of sale should be agreed in writing between the parties. The customer shall be deemed to have agreed to these conditions in relation to any transaction between the two parties.
2. All other terms and conditions express or implied by statute or otherwise, are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
3. Sleepy People reserve the right to change the terms and conditions from time to time.
4. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall affect the statutory rights of the consumer. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office.
5. These conditions of sale shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and each party agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
6. These terms, and any contract between us, are in the English language only.
7. We are under a legal duty to supply products that are in conformity with this contract.
8. If you would like to raise a complaint in reference to the service we have provided or the quality of the product we have supplied, please in the first instance contact our customer services team on email@example.com or alternatively call them on 03303 322 575. Should your complaint remain unresolved you are able to refer your complaint to The Retail Ombudsman. You can find further information about The Retail Ombudsman at http://www.theretailombudsman.org.uk
9. Each of the paragraphs contained within these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and affect.
10. The customer (Buyer) shall be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of all details provided when completing the order. Sleepy People is not obliged to accept the order unless all details requested on the order form have been completed correctly. The order process allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting your order to us.
11. Order process:
12. All items are subject to availability. We will inform you as soon as possible if the goods you have ordered are not available.
13. No customer orders shall be deemed to be accepted by Sleepy People until we confirm acceptance of an order by e-mail, only then will the contract be formed.
14. Sleepy People is entitled to refuse any customer orders and will not be required to provide an explanation.
15. The goods will be delivered to the customer at the address detailed on the order form. If you are not in the property when the parcel is being delivered please note it may be left with a neighbour or a secure location at the property.
16. Delivery is limited to within the United Kingdom.
17. Goods are normally dispatched within 48 hours of receipt of order (excluding weekends and bank holidays).
18. See the table below for all our delivery options:
|Mainland Standard (3-5 days)||Free|
|Mainland Express (1-2 days Monday to Friday) - On orders placed before 2pm. No Weekend or Bank Holiday deliveries.||£3|
19. We aim to have stock available on all items and to deliver goods to your home address within the timescales appropriate to the delivery option selected but such timescales are approximate only.
20. In the event that you miss your delivery, a card should be left with contact details.
21. The risk in the goods shall pass to the customer on delivery.
22. Any dates quoted for delivery of the goods are approximate only and Sleepy People shall not be liable for any delay in delivery of the goods caused by a reason outside of our reasonable control.
23. The price of the goods will be the price detailed on the order and will include V.A.T. Any relevant delivery charges will be detailed separately.
24. Payments for customer orders can be made by either credit, debit cards or PayPal. By placing a customer order, you, the customer consents to payment being charged to your credit card on the order form provided at the point of dispatch. We accept major credit and debit cards including Visa, Visa Delta, Visa Electron, Mastercard, Switch, Solo, Diners and JCB. We also accept payment via Amazon payments, however, please refer to the terms and conditions of Amazon payments for further details.
25. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the price of our products are correct at the time when the information is entered onto our system, however if we discover that there has been an error in the price of the products that you have ordered (where the actual price is higher than that stated on the order), we will contact you to inform you of the error and provide you with the option of cancelling the order or continuing with the order at the correct price. If we are unable to contact you on the details provided we will treat the order as cancelled and notify you accordingly.
26. Under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 (Distance Selling) you have the right to cancel your order within a period of 30 days. The period of 30 days begins on the day after the day you receive your goods. You must inform us of your wish to cancel within this 30 days period. The easiest way to notify us is either by letter addressed to Customer Services, E Bedding Ltd, Unit B11, Broadlands, Heywood Distribution Park, Heywood, OL10 2TS or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must take reasonable care of the goods and not use them.
27. Unless the goods are faulty, damaged or incorrect we will not pay for the return postage. The cost of the return will be your responsibility. If the product is one which cannot be returned by post, we advise that if you use the carrier which delivered the product to you, these costs should not exceed the sums that we charged you for delivery.(* If your order qualified for free delivery, please refer to our delivery information table for more details regarding return costs.)
28. You must return the goods within 30 days of notifying us of your wish to cancel the order. Please return goods to Customer Services, E Bedding Ltd, Unit B11, Broadlands, Heywood Distribution Park, Heywood, OL10 2TS
29. Reimbursement will occur within 30 days once the item has been returned or evidence is produced that the item is being returned.
30. If the item(s) have not been dispatched we will cancel the order and we will refund payment in accordance with our refund policy in section 6 below. If the item(s) have been dispatched to you and we are unable to stop the delivery, you can refuse the delivery so that the item(s) are returned to us and we will refund in accordance with our refund policy in section 6 below.
31. Sometimes you may not be able to part cancel an order. If this is the case, Customer Services will explain this to you.
32.If the goods supplied are incorrect, faulty or damaged on delivery we will either exchange the product or supply a full refund. In this event please contact us at email@example.com. and we will arrange the return on your behalf, any goods returned at your own cost will not be reimbursed without prior authorisation. If an item is returned and is deemed not to be faulty, this item may be returned back to you. Please check your goods on receipt to ensure the product is not faulty before use. This does not affect your statutory rights.
33. In the interests of hygiene we are unable to offer a refund on any duvet, pillow, mattress cover or bedlinen, unless the product is faulty. This does not affect your statutory rights.
34. All copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all material or content supplied as part of the website shall remain at all times vested in us or our licensors.
35. You, the customer, acknowledge and agree that the material and content contained within this website is made available for personal non-commercial use only. You agree not to commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material and content.
36. If the ability of Sleepy People to perform its obligations is limited, delayed or prevented in whole or part by any reason whatsoever not reasonably within the control of Sleepy People, then Sleepy People shall be excused, discharged and released without liability or responsibility from performance of the contract to the extent that such performance is so limited, delayed or prevented.
37. We are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not a foreseeable consequence of our breach of these terms or of our negligence.
Security & Privacy
At Sleepy People (our "site") we take your privacy very seriously and treat all your personal data we collect in accordance with this policy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By using our site you are agreeing to the collection and processing set out in this policy.
Information About Us
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is E Bedding Ltd (we, our, us). We are registered under the Act under number ZA196695.
What information do we collect and how do we use it?
When you purchase products or make enquiries about our products, enter a competition or otherwise provide us with your personal data while either on our site we may collect personal data from you, such as your name, billing address and delivery address details, your email address and a contact telephone number. We will also require your credit/debit card details. We will use this information to supply you with the products, to recover debt, to help us prevent fraud and keep records about your purchases.
When you make a purchase or sign up to be kept informed about our promotions and products we may collect your personal data, such as your name and email address.
As you move around our site we will collect information about your visit, such as which pages you visit, how often you visit and what links you click on.
This will include technical information such as Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, operating system and platform and information about your visit such as the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
We may also receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that personal data that it may be shared internally and combined with personal data collected on this site for the purposes set out in this policy, including helping us to build a profile of you to get to know you better. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
We may monitor, record, store and use any telephone, email or other communication with you in order to check any instructions given to us, for training purposes, for crime prevention and to improve the quality of our customer service.
Please Note: We do not store or have access to your credit card information as this information is processed by our secure payment processor.
We may use the personal data we collect about you on an anonymised basis to create statistics and anonymised information which we then share with third parties including ad networks, search engines and analytics providers.
We want to keep you informed about all our products, promotions and news, and where you have indicated you are happy to receive marketing by [post, email, SMS or phone] we will keep in touch with the latest news.
If you are an existing customer, we will contact you by email with information about products and services similar to those which you have already purchased from us.
If you have not made a purchase from us, we may contact you with marketing if you have consented to this.
If you prefer not to receive promotional or marketing information from us, please ensure that you tick the appropriate box when you provide us with your personal data.
You can change your mind about what marketing you receive at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, address and postcode; or by writing to: Sleepy People, E Bedding Limited, Unit B11, Broadlands, Heywood Distribution Park, Heywood, OL10 2TS. If you wish to unsubscribe from our newsletter contact list, you should e-mail us at email@example.com with the word "unsubscribe" in the subject line.
We may disclose your personal data to any member of our group (being our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006).
We may disclose your personal data to third parties:
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
If E Bedding Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
We may disclose your personal data to our service providers who operate elements of our site service and process personal data on our behalf. These may include businesses who provide technology services such as hosting for our servers and email distribution, and business partners who provide delivery fulfilment services. We may also disclose your personal data to our supply and delivery partners for the purpose of processing and fulfilling your order. Where such disclosures are made, this will be under contractual arrangements with us and carried out in accordance with the requirements of the Act.
In assessing your request for goods or services, we may use your personal data for the purposes of the prevention and detection of fraud. One of the purposes for which we may disclose your address and postcode details is to check against the IMRG Security Alert or any other Fraud Prevention Scheme. At all times where we disclose your personal data it will remain secure.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Protecting Your Information
Our site uses up-to-date industry procedures to protect your personal information. We also protect the security of your data during transmission using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption software. We may vary this in the future if we feel you will benefit from greater security whilst using our site.
We have appropriate security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you via our site.
Third Party Services
We may from time to time make available through our site certain services provided by third parties. To gain access to these services, you must register with these third parties and deal with them direct. Please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The Act gives you the right to access personal data held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10. You can exercise this right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Sleepy People, E Bedding Limited, Unit B11, Broadlands, Heywood Distribution Park, Heywood, OL10 2TS.
If you believe your details are incorrect you can amend your details by contacting us at email@example.com or Sleepy People, E Bedding Limited, Unit B11, Broadlands, Heywood Distribution Park, Heywood, OL10 2TS.
Please remember to include your name, address and postcode along with any correspondence reference you may have.